The health, safety and wellbeing of our customers, people, suppliers, and the wider community is always our top priority.
We are closely following the news updates of COVID-19 daily and taking advice from the New Zealand Ministry of Health. We will continue to update our website as and when further announcements are made.
We want to reassure you that we are taking all precautionary measures to protect you and to minimise the risk of further spread in our local communities.
Level 4, Auckland:
Under level 4 restrictions, our branches in Auckland remain closed to the public. We are only available for essential work for emergency vehicles if the safety of the vehicle is impacted. Our mobile service in these regions is also temporarily unavailable.
Our customer service team will be contacting customers in Auckland who have upcoming appointments to reschedule once we move to alert level 3.
Level 2, rest of New Zealand
Under level 2 restrictions, our branches throughout the rest of New Zealand are now open to the public through a contactless service in line with the New Zealand Government guidelines.
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, or you are self-isolating, we ask that you delay your service with us. To reschedule your appointment online, please click here.
What to expect when you visit a Smith&Smith® branch
- We ask that you wear a face mask.
- You will need to sign in using the QR code displayed at the branch or sign in manually if you don’t have a smartphone. This enables us to complete future contact tracing if required.
- You will be able to access the customer waiting area however all interactive materials will be removed (eg. magazines and toys).
- Hand santiser must be used before manually signing in, using EFTPOS machines or any other shared devices.
- While at the branch, if you start to feel unwell or develop symptoms (coughing, sneezing, fever etc.) then please let a member of our team know immediately. We may ask you to isolate yourself and will assist you to make arrangements to leave the site safely.
- We continue to maintain a higher frequency of cleaning and sanitising and have provided our team members with PPE, including hand sanitiser, gloves, disinfectant, cloths, paper towels, rubbish bags, soap, and masks.
- Before your service is completed, your technician will sanitise all touch point surfaces in your vehicle.
- Social distancing practices continues to be enforced, maintaining a two-metre distance between people at all times.
- We have advised our team members to avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact, where possible, and to wash and dry their hands often.
- We have asked our people to stay home if they are experiencing any illness or flu-like symptoms.
- We are proactively communicating hygiene practices, identifying potential risks and how best to mitigate them.
We would like to thank you for your business, your understanding and ongoing support.