Technician Trainee - Auto Glass repair and replace
You've probably never thought about working with auto glass for a living -- you're not alone! Our everyday heroes come from all sorts of backgrounds, many of which have little (or no) mechanical experience. If you're naturally curious and have a customer service mindset, we'll teach you the rest.
The Technician Trainee is Smith&Smith's entry point into the world of vehicle glass repair and replacement. This career-launching opportunity provides a paid, formal training program that teaches everything needed to complete basic repairs and replacements to anyone looking for a hands-on career.
We have a Technician Trainee roles available at our soon to open Silverdale / Hibiscus branch. You will start training at our Albany branch and move to our new branch within a few months.
What You'll Get
- Competitive weekly pay - 30 hours per week permanent position
- Earn extra cash during our busy summer months
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be successful
- Opportunity to complete the New Zealand Certificate in Automotive Reglazing (NZQA)
- Opportunity to grow from Trainee to Master over time
- KiwiSaver and Life Insurance from your first day at work
- Discounted Southern Cross Health Insurance
- Discounts from our suppliers from technology to energy and tires
What You'll Do
- Learn to replace & repair vehicle glass (in the classroom and hands on) with a focus on the installation standards under the guidance of experienced technicians and our performance coaches.
- Learn to recalibrate vehicle safety systems utilizing industry best in class tools and processes.
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency on state-of-the-art tools and technologies.
- Consistently deliver service so great, that it is memorable.
What You'll Need
- Have a strong work ethic, enjoy helping people, take pride in your workmanship and are a committed team player
- Have completed NCEA Level 3 (secondary school) or overseas equivalent
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads fluctuate.
- Projects professional appearance and wears personal protective equipment.
- Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 15 kgs for short periods, remaining on your feet for extended periods.
- Works in a variety of weather conditions.
- Have a current NZ restricted or full driver licence (or overseas equivalent) with the ability to competently drive manual vehicles
- You must have the right to work in New Zealand (citizen, permanent resident, or work visa)
Smith&Smith is proud to be New Zealand's leading vehicle glass repairer and we aim to solve people's problems with real care. If you share our enthusiasm to help others and deliver exceptional customer service and quality work, we want to hear from you!
|Job description:||Download PDF|