The health, safety and wellbeing of our customers, people, suppliers, and the wider community is always our top priority.
We are closely following the news updates of COVID-19 daily and taking advice from the New Zealand Ministry of Health. We will continue to update our website as and when further announcements are made.
We want to reassure you that we are taking all precautionary measures to protect you and to minimise the risk of further spread in our local communities.
Level 3, Auckland and Waikato* Regions:
Under level 3 restrictions, our branches across Auckland and Waikato* Regions are open to the public through a contactless service in line with the New Zealand Government guidelines. This means we can still focus on fixing your problem while making the right choices to keep our people and our customers safe.
Please note that all appointments must be prearranged. We are unable to accept walk in appointments and are not offering mobile service at this time. If you would like to make an appointment for your vehicle glass repair or replacement, please book online now.
*Until further notice, our Hamilton Central branch (105 Anglesea Street) and our Hamilton Te Rapa branch (553 Te Rapa Road) are temporarily closed due to limited capacity.
What to expect when you visit a Smith&Smith® branch at level 3:
- You will not be able to access the customer waiting area.
- On arrival at the branch, you will need to call the technician to notify them of your arrival. Appropriate instructions will be displayed on the branch entrance ways.
- Before your service is completed, your technician will sanitise all touch point surfaces in your vehicle.
Level 2, rest of New Zealand
Under level 2 restrictions, our branches throughout the rest of New Zealand are now open to the public through a contactless service in line with the New Zealand Government guidelines.
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, or you are self-isolating, we ask that you delay your service with us. To reschedule your appointment online, please click here.
What to expect when you visit a Smith&Smith® branch
- We ask that you wear a face mask.
- You will need to sign in using the QR code displayed at the branch or sign in manually if you don’t have a smartphone. This enables us to complete future contact tracing if required.
You will be able to access the customer waiting area however all interactive materials will be removed (eg. magazines and toys).
Hand santiser must be used before manually signing in, using EFTPOS machines or any other shared devices.
Before your service is completed, your technician will sanitise all touch point surfaces in your vehicle.
While at the branch, if you start to feel unwell or develop symptoms (coughing, sneezing, fever etc.) then please let a member of our team know immediately. We may ask you to isolate yourself and will assist you to make arrangements to leave the site safely.
Precautions we are taking to protect you at all alert levels:
- We continue to maintain a higher frequency of cleaning and sanitising in our branches and have provided our team members with PPE, including hand sanitiser, gloves, disinfectant, cloths, paper towels, rubbish bags, soap, and masks.
- Social distancing practices continues to be enforced, maintaining a two meter distance between people at all times.
- We have advised our team members to avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact, where possible, and to wash and dry their hands often.
- We have asked our people to stay home if they are experiencing any illness or flu-like symptoms.
We would like to thank you for your business, your understanding and ongoing support.